12.06.2006

An old but timeless friend

This is an old, old photo I took on Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park, Virginia in the winter as the last wisps of sunlight dipped below the horizons edge. I was using a 400mm telephoto lens on a tripod with a timer release, but what I didn't intend to do but am happy with now is that I left the lens slightly out-of-focus, that in combination with the extremly long exposure time and the atmospheric conditions resulted in this image entitled "Blueridge". In this instance, one can truly see why these are called the Blue Ridge Mountains. These ancient worn down mountains are some of the oldest on earth. I hope you enjoy this image as much as I do even today, several years later. Home will always be Virginia, between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay.

No comments:

 
Arts Blogs - Blog Top SitesBlog Directory